“Pray always…” – Ephesians 6:18
“We must pray upon all occasions, and as often as our own and others’ necessities call us to it.” -Matthew Henry
Prayer is the heartbeat of the Downtown Rescue Mission. Without it, we die. We need our employees, volunteers, residents, donors and every Christian brother and sister to intercede to the Father on our behalf.
Current Mission Prayer Requests
- Men, women and children would come to faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior
- Program residents would continue to grow in their faith and relationship with Jesus, resisting the temptations to relapse into their old way of life and/or leave the program before completion
- Every donation, financial and volunteering need would be met as the number of those we serve continues to grow each year
- Every Mission event (Resurrection Banquet, Independence Day Picnic, Fall Festival, Thanksgiving, Veteran’s Day, Christmas) would be successful in both planting seeds of salvation in those not following Christ and sharing Jesus’ love and grace with the participants
- Mission staff would be continually energized and filled with the Holy Spirit as they serve people and follow God’s leading throughout these busy seasons
- Our thrift stores would continue to be a light for Christ in their communities while encouraging, loving and serving their donors, shoppers and coworkers
- Acquisition of more resources and supporters, providing our residents greater programs and services to get back on their feet and be God-glorifying, Christ-exalting, Bible-believing members of society free of their addictions
- Complete healing for staff and residents who have medical issues such as cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure
Pray Always… It is how souls are won to the Lord, finances are met and ministries are expanded. It is how our staff members persevere one day to another and our Board members make Godly decisions.